Per public health guidelines, access to Town buildings is closed. However, staff is still available - many of them remotely - to provide necessary services. Here's how to work with us online.
Building Counter and Permitting
- Over-the-counter permits are still available through the Town’s permitting website
- Electronic submittals through TRAKIT are required for all residential and commercial projects. All submitted documents must be in PDF format.
- The Town Building Division will not be scheduling any face-to-face meetings. However, we do have the ability to host remote meetings. If interested, please contact 720-733-3527.
- There will be no interruption in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy during this temporary closure.
- Until further notice, inspection services will continue for new residential, commercial and multi-family construction.
- Building Inspections related to occupied residential dwelling units, that require the inspector to go inside, will be suspended until further notice. Or, you may choose to have these types of inspections performed by Remote Video Inspection.
- The Town has adopted rules in Castle Rock Municipal Code Chapter 15.04 providing the ability for the Town's inspectors to conduct remove video inspections of properties for the duration of the local disaster emergency declaration in the Town of Castle Rock that went into effect on March 17, 2020.
- Guidelines for remote video inspection have been drafted and include: Chief Building Official Rule Regarding Remote Video Inspections, Remote Video Inspection Waiver, Remote Video Inspection Guidelines. These documents will be provided to all individuals who request an inspection and fall under the guidelines for a remote video inspection.
- Please also note: For final electrical inspections a plug tester will be required
- Residential inspections for projects on the exterior of occupied dwelling units, such as decks, roofs and photovoltaic inspections (excluding attic) will continue.
- This suspension does not allow work that requires inspections to be covered or concealed until such time that it can be inspected and approved.
Commercial building permits
Contractors are required to have a valid license from a testing jurisdiction with an ICC equivalent exam, current registration and a certificate of liability insurance, workers compensation insurance (if applicable) with the Town of Castle Rock prior to applying for a building permit.
Commercial building permits are available through eTRAKit. The Town of Castle Rock Building Division supports Project Green. Project Green promotes an environmentally responsible and sustainable Town workforce, which includes paperless building permit applications. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their plans electronically in PDF format for review through eTrakiT.
Contact the Building Division by email for alternate submittal methods.
All commercial projects require a plan review.
*Permit applications for air conditioning units, water heaters, furnaces and boilers require the manufacturers specifications and load calculations at submittal.
** Permit applications for commercial roofs please refer to the commercial roofing guide
Commercial Fire Requirements
Fire Protection plans or bi-directional antenna plans should be submitted directly to the Fire Department, a permit application is required. All other permits for the Fire Department are directly linked with eTrakit.
|Change of occupancy
|Commercial air conditioning*
|Commercial water heater*
|Commercial water softener*
|Commercial retaining walls|
|Commercial roof**||roofing guide|
|Construction sales office
|New commercial core and shell
|New commercial Tenant Finish and Landlord Improvements||checklist|
- Building Permit Application
- Commercial Remodel Application Checklist
- Commercial Tenant Improvement Checklist
- New Commercial and Multi Family Application Checklist
- Construction and Sales Trailers Application and Checklist
- Contractor Registration and Renewal Form
- Certificate of Occupancy Policy
- Commercial Water Calculations Fixture Unit