Providing recreation and leisure opportunities for individuals with disabilities - that's the goal of Castle Rock Park and Recreation's REAL program. Help support this worthy cause at the 2017 Climb4Change.
This unique fundraising event will help raise money for the variety of activities the program provides including small social events and multi-day adventures. Find out more about the REAL program.
It's a personal challenge
Whether you are a seasoned athlete or an exercise novice, participating in a challenging event is a fun way to set a goal, train your body to reach that goal, then set out on race day to conquer the world.
It's about changing perception
REAL provides adaptive recreation programs for folks who have a developmental or similar disability. Everyday the staff at REAL ignore the participant's disabilities and see all the great things they can do. Climb4Change highlights the abilities of members of the community who happen to have a disability. The event is open to all, regardless of physical, athletic, or intellectual ability. Together, let’s celebrate ability. Climb4Change is changing perception of disability, one step at a time.
It's a fundraiser event
It's a race
- Race to the Top - one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record of 45 seconds?
- Trail Race - up the stairs, down the trail. You’ve got 30 minutes. The course record is six laps in that 30 minutes.
- Power Hour - up and down, up and down, up and down… for 60 minutes! Course record is 19 laps.
May 13, 2017
Not up for climbing the stairs? The Town is always looking for volunteers for local events. More information on how to volunteer for Climb4Change is available.
New - registration includes professional chip timing. Participants will also receive a finisher medal, t-shirt, prizes and a race like none other! Coffee, food and a live DJ will be on site for a festive atmosphere.
|Race to the Top||Trail Race||Power Hour|
(January through March 1)
|Better late than never*
(March 2-April 30)
|Wait! I'm coming...*
(May 1-race day)
|*additional registration fees apply|
- Become a fundraiser! Raise more than $75 and receive free registration into any Climb4Change race. Or, raise more than $100 and receive free entry into all three races.
- Receive a free entry into any Climb4Change event by becoming an individual or corporate race sponsor.
- Every finisher receives a medal and t-shirt.
- Win your division in 2017 and receive a free entry in 2018.
- T-shirts and other giveaways are not guaranteed for participants who register after April 16.
- Children under 5 are free (does not include T-shirt or medal, but they can be purchased for $10).
|7 a.m.||Onsite packet pick up and registration|
|8 a.m.||Power Hour begins|
|9:25 a.m.||Trail Race begins|
|10:15 a.m.||Race to the Top begins|
|11:15 a.m.||Race division and results and Hill records announced|