Climb4Change is a unique racing event that raises money and awareness for the Town of Castle Rock’s Adaptive Recreation program. Volunteers, businesses, and families with children with cognitive and physical disabilities band together for the race up the 200-step Challenge Hill built into the side of a mountain at Philip S. Miller Park.
Participants ascend 178 feet as they climb to make a positive impact on the community. Since Climb4Change’s inception, program registration has increased 70 percent and the event has raised thousands of dollars to ensure everyone in the community has access to recreational opportunities.
Think of a 5K, but instead of running 3 miles, you are racing up the stairs of the Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. Funds raised at the Climb4Change fundraiser are used to provide scholarships, to purchase adaptive equipment, and to provide access to a wide variety of activities in a safe, respectful, and ability-focused environment.
It's a race and a fundraiser
There are four different events to choose from:
- Race to the Top - one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record?
- Trail Race - up the stairs, down the trail. You’ve got 30 minutes.
- Power Hour - up and down, up and down, up and down… for 60 minutes!
- - this untimed event allows you to support adaptive recreation in a non competitive way. Once up the stairs and down the trail, includes shirt and medal.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
RegistrationOnline registration has been closed but participants can register on race day at Philip S. Miller Park beginning at 7 a.m. We hope to see you there!
New - registration includes professional chip timing. Participants will also receive a finisher medal, t-shirt, prizes and a race like none other! Coffee, food and a live DJ will be on site for a festive atmosphere.
|Race Day Schedule|
|7 a.m.||Onsite packet pick up and registration|
|8 a.m.||Power Hour begins|
|9:25 a.m.||Trail Race begins|
|10:15 a.m.||Race to the Top begins|
|11:15 a.m.||Race division results and Hill records announced|
|Race to the Top||Trail Race||Power Hour||Run4Fun|
(January through March 15)
|Better late than never*
(March 16-April 30)
|Wait! I'm coming...*
(May 1-race day)
|*additional registration fees apply
**Run4Fun is an untimed event
available for Run4Fun
Not up for climbing the stairs? The Town is always looking for volunteers for local events. More information on how to volunteer for Climb4Change is available.
- Become a fundraiser! Raise more than $100 and receive free registration into any Climb4Change race. Or, raise more than $150 and receive free entry into all three races.
- Receive a free entry into any Climb4Change event by becoming an individual or corporate race sponsor.
- Every finisher receives a medal and t-shirt.
- T-shirts and other giveaways are not guaranteed for participants who register after April 16.
- Children under 5 are free (does not include T-shirt or medal, but they can be purchased for $10)
It's about changing perception
Providing recreation and leisure opportunities for individuals with disabilities - that's the goal of Castle Rock Park and Recreation's Adaptive Recreation program. Help support this worthy cause at the Climb4Change. The event is open to all, regardless of physical, athletic, or intellectual ability.