Becoming a Police Officer
Castle Rock Police Department values their relationship with the community. Excellence, service and dedication are our core values. For more information on joining our community-oriented team, view our recruitment brochure (PDF).
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Castle Rock Police Department. We currently do not have any open positions for Police Officers. Announcements for all current job vacancies can be viewed online and at Town Hall.
For questions regarding our hiring process, please email Commander Lyons.
To apply for an open positionVisit the Town’s employment page. The first time you use our online job application, you will need to create an account. Select a username and password to log on. Once you create your application profile, you may use it to apply for other job openings with the Town. If you are interested in applying for more than one open position, a separate, completed application is required for each.
After your application has been receivedYour application will be forwarded to Castle Rock Police department for review. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department, generally within 10 to 15 days of the closing date.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- The Basic Colorado Peace Officer’s Standards and Training (POST) certificate is preferred prior to hire or similarly qualified as a police officer in another state or Federal jurisdiction and be eligible for a Colorado Provisional Certification. However, academy sponsorship may be available
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must satisfactorily complete a written examination
- Must not have any disqualifying history (PDF)
- College tuition reimbursement (dependent upon fund availability)
- Issued duty weapon, equipment and uniforms
- Field training program
- Off-duty work details (when available)
- Community programs
- Citizen Police Academy
- Coffee with a Cop
- National Night Out
- Ride-Along Program