Part of fighting fires is to prevent them from ever starting. Community safety as a whole is another great concern. That's why the Castle Rock Fire and Rescue Department has a dedicated division for fire and life safety education.
What we do:
Car Seat Safety and Inspections
Fire Station Tours
Senior Safety and Injury Prevention
Smoke Alarm Assistance
Be our partner in fire safety
We believe you are our partners in the community. If you would like to schedule a fire station visit or other education class for your school, scout group or daycare, submit this form.
Talk about it Tuesday
Is turkey on your menu this week? First, read this from the Castle Rock Fire and Rescue Department.
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires. We’re always a phone call away, but we hope you’ll also remember these safety tips:
• Make sure to stay home and near the kitchen while cooking your turkey and any other foods.
• Keep guests out of the kitchen to avoid accidental burns from hot foods and liquids.
• Completely thaw your turkey if deep frying. Deep frying an even slightly frozen turkey can cause a huge fire.
• If a fire starts while cooking any foods that produce grease, do not attempt to extinguish with water. Use a fire extinguisher or baking soda.
• If the fire is in the oven, turn off the oven and keep the oven door closed.
• Your safety is very important to us. If a fire starts, call 911 immediately and exit the home.
Each Tuesday, we encourage everyone to take a moment and talk about it. This week, we encourage you to talk about safe cooking. We’ll keep the topics and tips coming. more about CRFD at CRgov.com/fire.