GESC and DESC Manual
Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Manual
The Town is proposing revisions to the Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control (TESC) Manual, formerly known as the Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control/Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control (GESC/DESC) Manual. The TESC Manual is being revised to comply with the Town’s MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) Permit with the State. The Draft TESC Manual is available for review and comment through May 15. Please send written comments to our Stormwater Division.
Storm Drainage and Technical Criteria Manual
Share your feedback!
The Town is also proposing revisions to the Storm Drainage and Technical Criteria Manual (SDDTCM). The manual is being revised to comply with the Town's MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) Permit with the State.
Review the draft manual.
The proposed revisions will be presented to Town Council May 21, 2019 (first reading), and again June 18, 2019 (second reading) for adoption by ordinance. The final version is anticipated to go into effect July 2019.
Please forward any questions or comments to the Stormwater Division, Stormwater@CRgov.com.
Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control / Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control manuals
Used primarily by developers and builders, the Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control and Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control Manual (commonly known as the GESC Manual) describes the permitting programs that have been adopted to promote environmentally sound construction practices in Castle Rock.
The goal of the program is to implement erosion and sediment control best management practices as a standard for all land-disturbance activities. The hope is to reduce increases in erosion and sedimentation over pre-development conditions. Erosion caused by construction and downstream sedimentation can damage property and degrade the quality of streams and lakes.
The links below enable you to view the entire manual or sections individually.
- GESC and DESC Manual
- Table of Contents
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - GESC Permit Process
- Section 3 - Preparing a GESC Plan
- Section 4 - GESC Plan Acceptance & Permit Application
- Section 5 - Field Section
- Section 6 - Project Acceptance & Close-out
- Section 7 - Low Impact GESC Permit
- Section 8 - Residential DESC
- Section 9 - Acronyms
- Appendices (Complete Set of Appendices)
- Appendix A - Contact List
- Appendix B - Standard Notes and Details for GESC and DESC Plans
- Appendix B (Condensed Version) 3-Page GESC Standard Notes and Details
- Appendix C - Example Drawings
- Appendix D - Checklist for Developing a GESC Plan
- Appendix E - Seed Mix Information
- Appendix F - Town of Castle Rock GESC Acceptance Book
- Appendix G - GESC Drawing and Report Checklist
- Appendix H - Opinion of Probable Cost Example Spreadsheet
- Appendix I - Temporary Batch Plant Permit Application
- Appendix J - Standard GESC Permit Application
- Appendix K - Release of Fiscal Surety Request Form
- Appendix L - Low Impact GESC Permit Application
- Appendix M - Hold Harmless Letter Example