Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- What happened to the community gathering site with a warming fire promised at The Promenade?
- It appears that the Alberta developers site no longer contains any news regarding new tenants coming to the Promenade development, as the website is no longer active. Where can I find these updates?
- What has happened with the retaining wall at the Promenade?
- What uses is the Meadows Town Center zoned for?
- Is there a plan to have a sidewalk from Morningview to Wolfensberger on Coachline Road?
- Why did it take so long for the Town to show the public the notice for Meadows Filing 16? Anyway that the developer will donate that land to the Town or Parks and Recreation to be used for open
- I’ve seen on social media that the Dawson Ridge area has been sold for development. What’s happening there?
- What about the land east of Lantern Circle and South of Mitchell? There is a large piece of land off of Lost Canyon Ranch Road that I heard the owner is trying to sell for development, is there an
- Is it true that an apartment complex is being built east of Founders Parkway and south of Copper Cloud Drive?
- With the explosion in development and population. Are there plans for another recreation center? The current facility is already over crowded it appears at most peak times.
- An ice rink (year round/regulation sized/enclosed) would be a huge deal for the town. There are many skaters and hockey players who now have to drive 30+ minutes one way. Would the town
- Are e-bikes and dirt bikes allowed on Castle Rock trails?
- Who is supposed to enforce the "No Parking at any Time" signs posted in Castlewood Ranch? Is it the HOA, Douglas County Sheriff's Office or CRPD?
- In a residential neighborhood, is it legal to park on the opposite side of the street, going against traffic? Also, is it legal to park with two wheels on the sidewalk?
- Is it legal for motorized dirt bikes to be driven on streets in The Meadows? It is legal for motorized vehicles/bikes to ride in the open space adjacent to Morning Glory and Waverton Ranch?
- The traffic circle on Wolfensberger still has the original paint and traffic pattern from the construction. It is painted/marked to allow inner circle traffic to exit and outer circle traffic to
- What is the plan for roadways in terms of fifth street and the traffic through downtown as it relates to the new developments up on ridge road and north of highway 86? It is already very congested,
- When are the streetlights going to be fixed on Highway 85 and south of Meadows Parkway?
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Why are we being forced to drink recycled water starting in 2020? Did I miss a Town vote on this? I do not want to drink recycled water. I'd rather slow Town growth than drink recycled water.
- New Mayor - volunteer or paid by a corporation or special interest group? (Charter B on special election states the mayor cannot be paid by Castle Rock)?
- What will it take to implement the voter-approved changes to Castle Rock’s Town Council structure?
- Is there an effort to change how Castle Rock’s mayor is elected?