- Sign up for Castle Rock Parks and Recreation email newsletters
- Check out upcoming events and public meetings on our calendar
- View our submission for the National Recreation and Parks Association's Gold Medal Award and see why we think we are the best
- View job opportunities
- Provide customer feedback
- Check out volunteer opportunities
- Have a program that you would like to bring to Castle Rock? Apply online
- Looking to host a unique birthday party? Consider the Miller Activity Complex, Recreation Center or at Burgess Memorial Pool at Centennial Park
- Stay in-the-know on the more than 87 miles of trails in Castle Rock through the trail condition map and closure list
Click on the links below for additional event information - We hope to see you there!
News and Announcements
Awarded the Gold Medal Award
Recently, the Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department accepted the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 2018 Gold Medal Award. The Gold Medal Award honors communities throughout the United States that demonstrate long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb parks and recreation services. Get more information and view our submission video.
- 2018 Merit Award for Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2018 Best Project Award from ENR Mountain States in the Landscape/Urban Development category.
Named Best of the Best by Colorado Community Media
- Best Family Entertainment - the MAC
- Best Hiking / Biking Trail - Ridgeline Open Space
- Best Park - Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Kids Summer Camps - Rock Rec Camp
- Best Swimming Lessons - Castle Rock Recreation
- Best Swimming Pool / Waterpark - the MAC
- Best Workout / Fitness Center - Castle Rock Recreation Center
Dan Burgess honored with Cornerstone Tribute award-Centennial Park
Daddy Daughter Ball
Theme: Vintage Hollywood
Date: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Douglas County Events Center
Click on the links below for additional information.
Check out the Winter/Spring 2019 Rec Guide for new programming in 2019.
- Love and Logic early childhood parenting made fun! (starts in January 2019)
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way (starts in January 2019)
- Youth Indoor Soccer - 6v6 team registration or 3v3 individual registration
- Outdoor Pickleball (this summer at Founders and Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park)
- TackleBar - Indoor football at the MAC (registration starts January 2019)
Youth Cultural Arts offerings
- NEW!! KIDZART: EXPLORE! Weekly art program for homeschool students (starts in January 2019)
- Kid2KidLit (starts in February 2019)
- Social Skills Groups for youth (starts in January 2019)
Dance offerings (New!)
- Pre-Ballet (starts in January 2019)
- Princess Dance Events (January-April 2019)
- Teddy Bear Hip Hop (starts in January 2019)
Youth Fitness offerings (New!)
- Cornhole league at Festival Park (Thursday nights starting in March 2018)
- Ski Trip to Echo Mountain (Feb. 9)
- Snowshoeing (weekly Wednesday morning hikes)
- Ice Fishing (Jan. 26)