The Recreation Center, Miller Activity Complex and the Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park are closed. Most programming including Adventure Club preschool, athletics, aquatics, adaptive recreation, arts and enrichment, birthday parties, field rentals, fitness and wellness classes and SilverSneakers classes are canceled. Town’s parks, open spaces and trails remain open.
The Town of Castle Rock has received approval from the Tri-County Health Department to operate our licensed day camps. CSU RAM Camp, Rock Rec Camp and Adventure Club camps are open and enrollment is happening now! Camps begin May 26th. Click here for information on the camps and to register.
The new public health order that took effect April 27 means that Town courts (basketball, pickleball and tennis) are also now open, along with the Town’s skate park. While enjoying these amenities, members of the community must practice social distancing – including ensuring masking, distancing of at least 6 feet, and gatherings of no more than 10 people at a time. The intent remains to limit interactions to only those within your own household. Good hygiene – like not touching your face, and washing your hands well, and often – also remains important.
Playgrounds – including the FitGround at PSM Park – as well as park pavilions, picnic areas, group gathering areas and fields for organized team practices remain closed under the current order, which is presently set to remain in effect through May 26.
- Sign up for Castle Rock Parks and Recreation email newsletters
- Check out upcoming events and public meetings on our calendar
- View our submission for the National Recreation and Parks Association's Gold Medal Award and see why we think we are the best
- View job opportunities
- Provide customer feedback
- Check out volunteer opportunities
- Have a program that you would like to bring to Castle Rock? Apply online
- Looking to host a unique birthday party? Consider the Miller Activity Complex, Recreation Center or at Burgess Memorial Pool at Centennial Park
- Stay in-the-know on the more than 87 miles of trails in Castle Rock through the trail condition map and closure list
For more information or help, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 303-814-7444, or email us.
Click on the links below for additional event information - We hope to see you there!
News and Announcements
Awarded the Gold Medal Award
Recently, the Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department accepted the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 2018 Gold Medal Award. The Gold Medal Award honors communities throughout the United States that demonstrate long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb parks and recreation services. Get more information and view our submission video.
- 2018 Merit Award for Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2018 Best Project Award from ENR Mountain States in the Landscape/Urban Development category.
- The Denver Regional Council of Governments gave the park a Metro Vision award. The award recognizes regional efforts to create vibrant, connected communities through excellent natural and built environments. This award was presented Friday, May 3, at the DRCOG 2019 Awards Celebration at the Colorado Convention Center.
- Festival Park also contended for a prestigious Urban Land Institute award, making it to the top three finalists.
- 2019 Colorado Lottery Starburst Award. Starburst Awards recognize excellence in the use of Lottery funds for community and conservation projects. Winners are chosen based on the creativity of the project, economic and social impact on the community, and whether the project achieved its goal.
- 2019 Columbine Award for Renovated Park Design from the Colorado Parks and Recreation Association.
Named Best of the Best by Colorado Community Media
- Best Family Entertainment Center - the MAC
- Best Music Venue -The Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Park - Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Swimming Pool - the Castle Rock Recreation Center
- Best Trail - Stewart Trail at Ridgeline Open Space
Macaroni Kid Gold Daisy Award Winner-"Where to go for outdoor fun"
- Philip S. Miller Park
- Cobblestone Ranch Park Plan
- Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park - completed August 2019
- FitGround at Philip S. Miller Park-completed Oct. 2019
- GOCO Connect Initiative Grant for the Colorado Front Range Trail