The Town-owned facility at 1469 Columbine Drive has served many roles since it was built in the early 1980s. This half-acre site was originally built as a substation for the Town’s then-volunteer fire department and has also served as a water well site and home of the Town’s Facility Maintenance Department.
With completion of the Town’s new Central Service Center in 2019, the facilities at 1469 Columbine are no longer needed to support Town services. Town Council directed staff in March 2019 to proceed with planning the demolition of the current structure and begin plans to re-purpose this area. Town Council again affirmed this plan in December 2019.
An open house occurred in January 2020 to discuss plans for this site with neighborhood residents. Zoning at this site allows for residential dwellings, underground public utilities and indoor / outdoor recreation. Current planning includes transitioning the site to a new sitting area. The preliminary plan was shared at the open house in January and reflects initial planning, though final plans may vary.
Timing for demolition and redevelopment of this site was delayed earlier in 2020 due to economic concerns related to the pandemic. Recently, however, the Town continued with this project and demolition activity is complete.
Site restoration will follow demolition, with additional work to transition the area to useable space occurring in 2021.
Contact Matt Gohl, Special Projects Manager, at 303-660-1359 or email@example.com with questions or comments on the project.