Spring Break Camps
Parents looking to keep their kids busy during the school break should look no further. The Town offers a wide variety of camps for all ages. There are flexible schedules for parents and engaging activities for preschool and school-age children. There is a great camp waiting to captivate every kid!
Full-day camps run during school breaks including spring, summer, fall and winter. Before and after care is available for $5 an hour before and after scheduled camp drop off and pick up.
Multi-Sport / Rock Rec Combo Camp
Our athletic camps are designed for youth ages 7-12 and will provide young athletes an opportunity to learn different sports each week. This camp is engineered to appeal to children who are interested in a full week of sports and / or learning a new sport. Athletes will participate in small and large group instruction, drills, games and / or scrimmages. Sports include: basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, soccer and flag football.
Campers will then transition to Rock Rec Camp in the afternoon and participate in activities and field trips including swimming, hiking, Boondocks, miniature golf, museums and much more.
A typical morning at camp:
- 8:30-9 a.m. - Campers arrive
- 9-9:30 a.m. - Warm up / stretching
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. - Lessons, small group instruction, drills
- 10:30 a.m.-noon - Small sided games and / or scrimmaging
- noon-12:30 p.m. - Lunch and campers in full day transition into Rock Rec
Inspire to Learn & Imagine STEMplicity Games®
Grow critical thinking and creativity skills in this mind-blowing Robotics Inventions camp! Campers will learn how ideas can become a reality as they build motorized robots, machines and robo-animals using LEGO WeDo2 and Mindstorms EV3 systems. Come build and program a sweet turtle, an obstacle sensing robot, a color sorting machine, and more. We will also learn to adjust speed levels, program robots to turn, draw, and more. Campers will have multiple opportunities to make their own designs, builds and programs.
Location: MAC Lounge
Time: 9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
Date: March 15-19
Rock Rec Camp - Full day
Rock Rec's state-licensed day camp is open when school is closed, so kids won't have to spend their days off stuck at home. It is all about fun when school is out! Campers will be busy at camp with structured activities such as games, sports, crafts, swimming, trampolines, hiking and more.
Camp will also look different in that we will be making every effort to keep staff and campers safe with social distance guidelines.
- All staff and campers are required to wear face masks while entering and leaving camp, and in common areas.
- Lunch and breaks during the day will be utilized as times without masks
- Campers will be in “families” of one staff member and no more than 15 campers the entire week
- Mandatory health screens will be administered on staff and campers each morning
- All activities will be run in accordance to the 6-foot social distance regulations
Location: Miller Activity Complex
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Dates: March 15-19